Dear Atonement Community,
The time has come for us to move indoors for in-person worship. We are excited to make this move for Confirmation/Reformation Sunday. The liturgy will also continue to be live streamed to Zoom and on Facebook Live.
Please view the video above that offers specific notes for you about seating, safety, and communion among other things. Here are a few notes for you as you make decisions about in-person worship on Sunday.
- Masks are required for worship attendance. This is both required by Boulder County and strongly supported by Atonement’s staff and leadership.
- We are asking that different households/parties space at least 3’ between one another, maintaining that in the communion line as well.
- There are three different seating areas: Sanctuary, Narthex, and Fellowship Area. As you go back, each area will have more and more spacing, with the attempt to offer a comfortable space for everyone. Fellowship tables and the patio area will be available as well to help us all navigate this new opportunity.
- Communion will be served with individuals coming forward row by row as directed by the ushers. Bread and wine will be offered by communion servers. Individuals can either receive a piece of bread and take a small plastic cup of wine or they can get a celebration cup (sealed wafer and juice) at the front and hear the words of promise from the server. There will also be gluten free wafers available at the front. The last option is to get a celebration cup from the back of the worship space where you may commune from your seat. It is also okay to refrain from communion until you feel comfortable.
- The five HVAC units in the areas we will occupy will be on continuous fan mode. We will also open the area doors, doubling the air exchange amounts. We also have a number of home-made (very effective) air filtration devices built by the middle/high school Sunday School class. Being in proximity of those filters offers an additional layer of safety.
- Following worship, coffee will be available (!). We ask that the coffee be enjoyed outdoors on the patio or another outside space.
We are excited to be wrapping up the building renovations at Atonement and to begin enjoying the space. Thank you in advance for your cooperation with the extra layers of safety we are putting into place. Together, we are living as a beloved community of followers of Jesus.